Pages

Sunday, February 2

Scripture Art Sunday: Our hearts are restless until they rest in Him. St. Augustine

Another favorite quote by Auggie. Such a needed reminder:
We were never meant to do this life on our own.
We were created to live this life in intimate relationship with our creator.
Our hearts can never be at peace until we find all that
we are and all that are looking for in
Jesus: the author and perfector of our faith.
He made our faith and he is the only one who can perfect our faith.



I love that we were never made to do this life on our own.
I love that the first step of recovery is also the first 
step to knowing Jesus:

I admit that I am powerless and my life has become unmanageable.

I admit that I can't do this life on my own. I need help. Lots of it. 
I need the holy spirit to come in and lead me and guide me 
and take me where He wants me to go
because on my own, I'm so lost.

There is such freedom in knowing that there is no way 
I can do one day of this life on my own. 
I wasn't made to. Neither were you.
Whatever it is you are carrying around or trying to hold together,
I just want to encourage you: You were never made to do this alone.
God can't pick up all of our crap and turn it into something beautiful 
unless we first chose it lay it down.
And that's what He wants to do. today.

Father God, we can't do this without you. We don't want to.
Thank you that we were created in your image, 
in your love, to do this life with you.
Give us eyes to see what we have 
been holding on to and trying to do on our own.
Give us strength to let it go and lay it at your feet.
Fill our hearts with trust and faith as you show us 
what it looks like to rest in you and you alone.
Fill us up with your holy spirit.
Lead us and guide us and break us and mold us into your image.
Show us what it looks like to rest completely in you.

Press on brave sisters.

Photobucket

2 comments: