Pages

Monday, June 11

Life happens...

The trick is to enjoy life.
Don't wish away your days,
waiting for better ones ahead.
Marjorie Pay Hinckley


Summer starts for me and the boys next week.
This Friday is my last day of school, and then
all hell breaks loose
summer fun begins. 



I'm nervous.
We are just now settling into our schedule, finding our rhythm, and
things are getting better and easier and more fun.

And now... no school, no preschool, no swimming lessons.
no structure.
wha?!?!?


My summer challenge:
fun and free adventures.
I think I can.
I think I can.
I think I can.



I'm working on the summer list.
Which actually gets me more excited about summer.

Nonnegotiables:
We will get outside.
We will have fun.
I will play on the floor for extended periods of time.
will keep my computer closed until Josh's afternoon nap.
We will find our rhythm.
We will have good days and bad days.
I will be exhausted.
 I will be thankful for this time.
 It will fly by.
will miss it when it's gone.






We have this little lake up the street, so close to us.
I need to get the boys outside and walk around it daily.


After hours...
I've been sewing pretty much everything I can get my hands on.


 I sewed this little journal to watercolor


and I'm a little obsessed with this primed unstretched canvas.
The uses for this are endless.
Seriously, you can paint your own fabric.
Yes, you heard me...
PAINT YOUR OWN STINKIN' FABRIC!!!
my dream come true.
why didn't I think of this sooner?




You don't have to spend a million dollars + shipping
and order it on the internet or drive all the way to the fabric store
and wait in crazy lines with two little boys.
You can make it.
Don't worry, I will show you.
I have about 24 tutorials for this stuff
going on in my head right now.


This guy is my hero. Seriously.
I don't know what "disability" he has,
but he knows how to worship the Lord.
And He teaches us all.
with unabashed enthusiasm.
He is always there with such sweet sincerity and selflessness.
Not worried about what anyone will think.
He's just in the moment, giving what he has to God.
I get convicted every time.
This is a GREAT sermon on marriage.
Um, does he have a hidden camera in our house?
So true. So real. So funny.
Just listen.

 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hello
    Good way of describing it. Good to see such a talent at work!
    Many thanks once more

    ReplyDelete