Pages

Monday, July 4

Family Pictures in the Park

Buy 2 Prints, Get 1 Free
in my shop until Friday!
***************************************
Happy, happy 4th of July everyone!
I hope that you are having a good one.

I witnessed a small miracle this weekend when all 4 of us:
me, my husband, almost 3 year old, and my newborn
a.) got clean at the same time
b.) got ironed and dressed.
c.) got out of the house
d.) took pictures at the park.



Granted it took begging, pleading, cajoling, and
making empty promises about my forever-indebtedness,
but we did it!
My sweet mom came along to take our pictures.


Jack is in a
Don't look at me!
phase
So I knew it was risky,
but once we ignored him,
he came around quick.


Josh and I are doing great.
He sleeps and eats and sleeps and eats.
He is just pure sweetness.
It's weird. We're kind of waiting for the other
shoe to drop & for chaos to break out.



With my first pregnancy my recovery was brutal.
Recovery the second time around has
 been strangely wonderful. I feel good.
I have more energy than I have had in 9 months.
I feel like a new woman.


Please remind me of this blog post
when Darryl goes off to work in a couple weeks
and my parents go on a 3 week trip overseas.

So, I hope you are having a wonderful long weekend with
your family and lots of barbequed carnage and greasy potato salad.
That's what we'll be doing.
Photobucket



6 comments:

  1. precious, precious photos.
    i know it's wonderful having Darryl home...you will do just fine when he leaves too. it's amazing how you will fall into a rhythm of doing life with two little ones.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you and your beautiful family! It seems like just the perfect day. I´m so glad you feel good and full of energy, you certainly look good! And how cute is little Josh!! Congratulations on making such a pretty, little bundle! One of your finest works of art! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable pics. Going from one child to two is a huge difference! I applaud you for all that you accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. precious and perfect in every way!

    popping in to say hello to the other sugar babies! yeah blog sugar!

    i'm hosting a july giftaway - anthropologie pillow and some goodies! i hope you'll enter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations on your little one! your family photos are so sweet. it makes me want my family to get together for photos ~ it's been so long since we've ALL been in one together.

    i found your blog via your etsy profile and i am so glad i did! your art is wonderfully inspiring and i have really enjoyed my visit here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations mama! what a handsome fella!

    ReplyDelete