Pages

Saturday, June 12

Playing new games...

I'm back from blog oblivion. I've missed you.
I've been doing a lot of life lately.
Trying to keep my head above water.
I know you know what I mean.

We've been making up new games around here.
This is called the nigh-nigh game.

Rules:
1. Lay the blanket on the floor.
2. Get all the pillows you can find and put them on the blanket.
3. Lay down on the blanket.
4. Get all the stuffed animals you can find and pile them on top of you.
5. Close your eyesfor half a second + shout,"wake up!"
Repeat x 100

This game is called In the tent
*A variation on the nigh-nigh game

Rules:
1. Say "In the tent" about 60 times before dad relents and gives in.
Mom doesn't play this game.
2. Dad holds up a blanket, climb underneath.
3. Gather all of the pillows andstuffed animals you can find and bring themunder the blaket.
4. Repeat x27

Kite Flying.
nuf said.



This game is called "Throw as much dirt into the air as you possibly can and make it cover you from head to toe while mommy is on the computer."



Lots and lots and lots of bike riding


Needless to say, my making has been slow inthe last couple of weeks, but summer is coming!!!

I want to send a shout out to my dear artfest friends who will be teaching
(yes, I said TEACHING)
at Artfest next March.
I am so excited for them and
so wishing and hoping and praying
for another miracle to let me go.

The super talented Janne will be teaching a class on how to make this.

Shelley will be teaching a class on how to makes these.

And Michellemybelle will be teaching a class on how to make this.

And I want to take every single class, but mostly I want to
go so I can see all these peeps again.
And stay up late
and make and make and make.
Artfest is like...
Young Life summer camp, but better
college, but better
travel, but better
I can't really describe it.
You just have to go.
And feel the Artfest love.
I'm praying for another Artfest miracle for next March.
It involves the lottery, too.
Pray big, why not?

One final note:
how many times has this happened to you?
at 2:00 in the morning?
Tell me the truth...
Too many to count for me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for mentioning me, Erin, that´s sweet of you. I really, really hope you can come next year too. We had such fun this year. The late nights journaling, painting, talking, laughing.

    ReplyDelete