Pages

Thursday, October 22

Backgrounds & Beginnings...


Today I remember why creating stuff is a nessecity to life, like bread and water, not a pedicure (as my friend Ginger would put it. She has such a great way of putting things). Painting and creating breathe life into my soul and my mind. Creating just makes me feel so... hopeful and full of possibility, like I am doing what I was created to do. It makes me feel so... at home.

That's the kind of day I had today. Kind of like when my kindergarten girls dress up as fairy princesses, and there is no doubt in their mind that they actually are fairy princesses. that's what I feel when I create. Like a fairy princess.

So, I had two whole hours to be creative this afternoon and here's what I did: backgrounds for new collages. I plop the paint out directly on the canvas to start my background. I use at least two colors and blend them together. I love to see how the paints mix together on the canvas. I'm also enjoying "blending" the paint with a squashed up paper towel, so that the colors don't blend together so much.

"Come home, come home, all who are weary come home..." I listened to Sara Groves "Jesus Calling" as I painted and no matter where my mind wanders... it keeps coming backto explorethis idea of "Home"...





1 comment:

  1. I am reading your posts backwards - the earliest first. Home seems to be on my mind too!

    I love Sara's music!!

    ReplyDelete